- I currently teach 5th grade, self-contained. (for my non-teaching peeps: I teach ALL the subjects to one class of students)
- I'm a born and raised Texan.
- I teach at a STEAM Academy and one of my walls is made of glass AND collapsable.
- My Labradoodle's name is Eleanor. I picked it when I googled "old lady names."
- This is my first year to teach self-contained. So far: heavier planning load, better relational capacity with both students and parents.
- My husband is known affectionally as Apple Guy. His real name is Bryan.
- I actually left the classroom for a year. I came right back.
- My Kindle is my close companion and I'm trying to get better about reading for pleasure.
- I'm really excited to be back (blogging).
Well, happy whatever time of day you've joined me!
I am a teacher, who loves teaching, and learning about teaching, and becoming a better teacher, but also I'm a person. I'm a person who is newly married, has a Labradoodle who changed my life, and is currently fine tuning the balance between all these wonderful things.
This is not my first foray in blogging. I started blogging in 2010, blogged every weekday in 2105 and blogged a handful of times in 2016. Blogging, in it's various versions in the last 7 years, has helped me process, share and document and it has served me well. I really enjoy it.
Why am I picking up the metaphorical pen again?
It's time. I want a space where I can come to process, share and document again, focusing on my professional pursuits but keeping it true to who I am as a person. (That's super important to me. I'm a teacher... but also a person).
Care to join me in the middle of my beginning? I promise to share the funny bits too.